Glass lids...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, another question (I'm gonna have a million setting up this new tank). With dual overflows to a sump containing a skimmer will the water be oxegenated enough to seal the top with glass lids? My stand pipes suck in air, the skimmer pumps the water full of air, can I put a lid on the top to prevent jumping? I know egg crate works but I hate how it looks so I'd rather glass or plexy but I don't want to effect the gas exchange.

Thanks everyone...:)

In a case like this, I wouldn't be worried so much about gas exchange in terms of oxygen getting into the tank, though you are correct that this would hamper it, and more thinking about it impeding light into the tank for corals and salt creep that would need additional weekly cleaning. I think a mesh top would be a better bet.

It isn't so much O2 your worried about but allowing C02 to escape. C02 builds up in the water from many biological process's and as it builds up, ph goes down. So maximizing gas exchange is pretty important IMO. I would use the BRS clear mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, glass is out. I'm not cleaning that all the time and letting gas build up. I'm gonna look into that brs mesh...

Back
Top Bottom