Glue to attach corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackdp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What kind of glue or anything are people using to attach coral frags to LR? I just glued down a branching Euphyllia using 2 little fishies aquastick and my skimmer is still out of commission. I've heard of using super glue, does this affect skimming in the same fashion? If using super glue is the gel better than the liquid? Just curious. :?:

i use the gel super-glue. i just used it on my montapora capricornus frag. it seem to be ok. nothing wrong with my skimmer.

I use Duro Brand quick gel glue. You can pick it up from Wal-Mart in the hardware section for about $3. Make sure whatever glue you use has Cyanoacrylate in it. I like the gel glue because it won't run all over the place when you are using it. Stays in one spot.

My skimmer actually stops skimming when I use the glue so I don't even turn it off.

When I use super glue gel, my skimmer will produce lots of micro bubbles, but not as bad as the epoxy ;)

As for what I use...mostly I use superglue gell, but in some applications I use both the gell and the epoxy. In a real craggy area, where you can't get alot of surface area contact with the frag and the rock, I'll attatch the epoxy to the frag with SGG and another layer of SGG on the other side of the epoxy and them press it in, the epoxy will fill in the craggy areas and the glue bonds pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom