Glue Xenia frags?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a bunch of frags from a local tonight and he gave me some fine netting and told me to wrap it around the rock holding the Xenia down until I can attach to the rock, should I try to glue it as well or will it be pointless?

I think they'll be too difficult to glue, I'll just try the netting.

For xenia a snug rubber band for 2-3 days has always done the trick for me ;) I dont thing gluing would work very well.

Why would glue not work? Just because of the difficulty of doing so? I glued both of my xenia's to a rock. One was a frag that I glued to a smaller rock frag to help with placment. The other xenia was in a shell when I bought it(was a local frag) and I glst glued the base of it to a LR frag. I used seuper glus that was fish friendly.

Was this bad?

Just use a rubberband.. I have propagated Xenia several times.. Just take the Rubberband and center it on the Xenia and cut off the band in a few days.. Worst you are going to do to it is creat 2 pieces LOL.. Xenia is real hardy as long as your water is good..

HTH<
James

If there is any of it left then it should recover if your water is good.. You did remove the crab right... I have seen Xenia getting eaten by damsels to nubs and recover fully.. Hell I have taken scissors and just cut the tops off of my xenia when I am in a hurry to get a frag..

Remove the crab and keep your water stable and you should be fine LOL

James

Yes I removed the crab but I don't know if there were any other offenders. I will be watching now.

You have fragged your xenia by just cutting the tops off? The one I have had 2 huge stalks when I got it but it is has shrunk a bit due to the attacks. My zoe frag has doubled and my polyps look great.

Thanks guys, I tried glue on 2 of them and just wrapped the netting aroudn the rocks on them as well. I was afraid the rubber band would hurt it but now that I heard you gusy say it's ok I'll remember that for next time. I used Gel Glue on my Green Acro and Purple Montipora frags. I'll have to post pics :wink:

I too have a rock crabs or so that I cannot seem to catch, I'm worried he's going to chow down on the Xenia's so I placed 4 frags in various locations thinking he won't find them all until I can catch him :twisted:

well i put mine on the bottom og the tank and he attached to some cc and then move that to the place i wanted. worked great for me. that is what i try to do with all of my frags

I just received some xenia frags and I used super glue gel to attach. It worked great, and 4 are pulsating and opening as they should. All I did was dab the end with a paper towel and presto they were attached. HTH

Scott

Watch it closely. If you see a brown gelitin substatnce on it then remove it from the tank. That would be the nasty brown jelly disease kevin refered to in another post.

Back
Top Bottom