Gluing frags to rock rubble...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got some Krazy Glue and was going to glue a couple of my frags to some rock. I've read a bunch of posts about doing this underwater, but do people do this in their display tank? Or in a separate bucket? I'm concerned about my skimmer going bonkers and going micro bubble crazy due to the glue... Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use a bowl full of tank water. I glue them on the rock, hold it for a couple of minutes to set then let it finish in the bowl. Once I know they are all on tight I put it in the tank. Never have seen a micro buble because of it...

What are the ingredients of the glue? And is it the gel version? Not sure on the krazy glue, but I know loctite gel works and is perfectly safe. I just take the frag out of the tank put the glue on and right back in to the tank and hold it where you want it for about a minute until it holds.

I read that the right kind of glue is the kind with Cyanoacrylate. Yes, it's a gel...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom