Gobiodon okinawae (Yellow Clown Goby) Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, while we are waiting for something that might best replace our flasher wrasse (carpet surfer), I convinced my mother to let me get a goby for our 20g reef. Go to the store and there is exactly one goby for sale- a runty little yellow clown goby. So it has been in the tank for a couple of days now and sort of hops from place to place- it has been eating squid and Cyclop-Eeze, and at night it roosts on top of the thermometer.

I have read different things about this fish- for example, one poster on a different board said that when they paired up they began laying eggs on the corals and harming them, while another said they've never been a problem. Some people say they dine on polyps and some say they don't, but the polyps in question seem to be SPS, which isn't a big deal with me since the only SPS I have are a pair of M. digigata, which are in too high-flow an area for the goby to wander.

I've had a little difficulty finding anything else about it though. Anyone have some information to throw at me? Should I buy an acropora skeleton for it? The goby is a little thin but since it's eating ravenously I have hope for it.

I have one and mine is super shy, he only relly comes out at nite and feeding time. He mainly stays in his home, which idiotically enough is the brace that holds my powerhead 8O 8O . Sometimes I wonder about the little fella's sanity. I have a 55 gal with 100lbs of lr and 10 lbs base rock, but he still chooses the powerhead =(. I too would appreciate some more infor on these guys.

mine hosted on everything zoo's, hammer, hair algae, he was the best before he passed

Back
Top Bottom