Goby+Goby=???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all. I want to put a Firefish Goby in my tank with a Yellow Clown Goby. I've heard and read that Gobies can be a bit bad with eachother but I'd like some opinions. I personally feel that with the ample mount of LR hidey holes avaliable in my tank that I know Gobies love I have room for both of them however all your input is valuable to me. :D

Your tank is on the small side so If you do get the two be sure to have a netting or some sort of cover for your tank because firefish gobies love to jump when spooked.

My tank has a full hood with lights in-built so it's all in one. No fishies getting outta there. :D But do you think they would show agression to eachother? They are both are peaceful fish.

The yellow clown gobies are super peaceful. Not the brightest of fish, but very peaceful. I've named my yellow clown goby Flo....because it's gone down the overflow and into the sump twice.

Mitch, I think that the two have quite different body shapes and swimming habits so they may not interfear with each other. They may be okay together. IMO

I have a neon goby and a sharknose goby and they are best friends. They swim all over each other. They are different then the ones you named but mine get along.

i have many gobies in my 28 gallon tank..firefish, yellow watchman, mandarin, sandsifting...and i also once had a yellow clown goby..they all get along great the firefish and yellow watchman both live in the sandsifters home with him. the only reason i transfered my yellow clown goby to another tank was because he was taking bites out of my clam

i have many gobies in my 28 gallon tank..firefish, yellow watchman, mandarin, sandsifting...and i also once had a yellow clown goby..they all get along great the firefish and yellow watchman both live in the sandsifters home with him. the only reason i transfered my yellow clown goby to another tank was because he was taking bites out of my clam

A mandarin isn't a Goby. Its a dragonette.

ya i think it is very uncommon i actually couldn't find of any simular stories of them nipping at clams. I wouldn't let that stop you from getting one cause its very unlikely he will have the same behaviour

Be sure to get a clam that does not get to big. Some can shoot water out of the AQ and that's not fun. ;)

yeah, they don't really shoot water but when you frighten them and they close up fast they push alot of water that can cause a good size wave in a small tank.

Ahh that makes sense. BTW I was at a LFS and I saw a big clam that had a shrimp actually inside it. Any ideas cause it really intrigued me.

yes it was very odd he would literally sit on its shell and as soon as the clam tried to open he'd bite, pretty aggressively too. Poor clam had white bite marks all over.

Back
Top Bottom