Gold Coral Banded Shrimp - Reef Safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ximat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Whats your experience with Gold Coral Banded Shrimp? Are they reef safe? Do they play well with others? Such as my skunk cleaners?

TIA

I have no personal experience with the gold coral banded but they are supposed to be reef safe. What size tank is it? They should be ok together so long as they are not in each others way.

Its a 75g tank. I found someon that has a true maited pair i'd like, but i also have a true maited pair of skunks.

We had a cbs for a few hours and he attacked and killed one of our fish. :( We fished him out and returned him to the store.

Other people I have heard say that their cbs "played well with others" but we got a mean one.

I have one in a non reef tank that doesn't bother my fish at all. Im just curious about my coral :)

I think a pair would be more territorial but that's just speculation on my part. I think you'd be ok in the 75 but I can't give you a guarantee. The corals shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom