Golden Banded Sleeper Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flanque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,

I am thinking of adding some golden banded sleeper gobies. I have a fine sand base (substrate?) and the following:

- Golfball coral
- Frogspawn coral
- Anenome (small one with pink stem and white / brown tenticles)

- 2 x fire gobies
- 2 x ocellaris clowns
- 1 x red blenny

- 45 gallon tank with lots of hiding places and live rock.

I have always wanted to have one and am looking for a solution to help keep my sand base well oxygenated and always being stired up.

From what I have read I should be fine, with exception to the fire gobies possibly. I have also been told by one person that they can be difficult to feed, but from what I've read they will eat from the sand anyways, and I do provide enough food each feed (once daily) to have bit of it drift around onto sand, etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions on these?

IME, they will not eat from the water column and to have enough food, of the right type (meaty foods) to drift to the bottom so it can graze it all day long...they usually do very poorly.

What other fish can I get to help churn up the sand for me regularly?

flanque said:
What other fish can I get to help churn up the sand for me regularly?

Most fish that are sand sifters will fair poorly like RR mentioned. I would recommend some nassarius snails or burrowing conchs if you're looking for something to sift through the sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom