Good Deal??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got these on ebay for $26 shipping included. Is this a good deal, and are these good snails?

This auction is for a 50 Lot of
Algae Detritus eating Reef Snails
Ilyanassa snails (Ilyanassa obsoleta)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are full grown harvested snails, not small tank raised snails. They are often conufsed with Nassarius Snails. They are great for cleaning sand beds, refugia, and sumps and keeping your tank glass clean. Arrive Alive guarantee.
I would reccomend that you keep 1-2 of these snails per gallon. These little snails cruise through the substrate like little moles. They like to eat the crap and detritus stuck in the substrate. In the process they turn your substrate over helping to keep it clean and helping to lower phosphates.

ARE YOU EMBRASSED BY YOUR AQUARIUM because the glass is always dirty when people POP by? You'll like them because of their great glass cleaning action. These snails clean you glass at night while the lights are out and no one is looking.

They clean your sand! Highly reccomended as a member of your cleaning crew. One of the most ideal scavenger and detritus eaters, these snails are perfect for the reef aquarium, quickly consuming detritus, uneaten food, decaying organics, and fish waste.

Wild collected, cleaned and shipped by marine biologist with 15 years reef keeping experience. "I have used these in my reef for many years and highly reccomend them to keep your sand and glass clean." - Ken

I'd say so. The price is about wholesale...I've thought about ordering some from this guy before.

I got these snails from this person back in January. All are doing well. They are not the best for algae control, but they are great for cleaning up left over food.

I got some of those off ebay. They don't seem to do as well as the nassarius, and from what I read they like colder water. That may be the reason, a lot of mine have their shells fading, and 80% have died. I think feeding them directly will help. Every now and then let them have a raw shrimp, and just remove what they don't finish. My 100+ nassarius will consume a whole shrimp in 10 minutes.

Ok I got my snails today, they are currently acclimating. It was supposed to be 50 snails for $26.00, instead I got 56! Awesome price. The price was for it all, shipping included. I will let you know how they are. The bag I got them in was very, very hot. I see movement though. :wink:

I ordered 50 of these snails also. Ended up getting over a hundred though. ??? Anyway, out of all of them, being shipped with just a wet papertowel and being very, very hot, I've only lost three that I know of. My nassarius came up and pounced on them as soon as they hit the bottom. Some of them went in the sand but most of them are on the glass. They are slow but they seem to stay busy.

Back
Top Bottom