Good Deal or not??? $200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
A friend of mine at work has this tank for sale. Right now it's being used for fresh water, but of course I would strip it and set up a nice Reef tank.

$200 a good deal or not ....

Oh and What size is that??? 100 Tall???

and also another friend of mine has a 55gallon corner bowfront, drilled including a set of PC lighs to go along??? Also $200 .... if you had the choice which tank would you buy?

fishtank7ut.jpg

YUP, what you see is what you get!

I think it's a good deal IMO, but then I'd have spend a ton on lights and filtration and blah, blah, blah.

That's a small sacrifice to make for getting such a deal, as getting the tank with stand for $200 is as close to robbery as you are likely to get. I would say run, do not walk, and pick that up before whomever is selling it to you realizes that they are just giving it away. The stand by itself is worth almost twice as much as that that.

I told them just now that I am coming over on saturday to pick it up!!!

NOW :? .... I have to find room for it somewhere between the 29 gallon and the 12 gallon Nano.

Maybe I'll just throw out the T.V. :wink:

Does anyone know what size that tank is?

LOL Salttankker ... I wish, I'm going to have a hard enough time telling the wife "We have to move the T.V. to make room for ANOTHER fish tank!!

lol sounds like a good deal but i dont think any of you could beat my deal of 180g for 175 hehe

SWEET!!!! 110 Gallons ... I'm already imagining the possibilities!!!!

and Yes Lando I have an uncontrolable case of MTS!!! I NEED HELP!

i dont think any of you could beat my deal of 180g for 175 hehe
new 180 gal with Dual overflows, 40 gal wet/dry sump. Oak stand and canopy, PC lights, new dolphin pumps still in the box, and a UV. The guy had bought it all as a new SW setup but his job transferred him out of town. Got it all for $500. Not sure how "good" of a deal it is since I put it in storage where it has been ever since.

Better yet you stop by LR.com and bring me a load of rock when you come to get it. When I got it I was all smiles. Felt like I had robbed the bank. Now I feel like the ink pack exploded so it was all a waste of time. :lol:

NC is a hop, skip and a jump for me!!! problem would be getting it back to FL in my Pontiac G6 8O 8O 8O .... don't think that would work out to well!!!

Personally I’d go with the 55 gal with lights considering the cost of PC lighting. Both are relatively same length so getting large fish that would normally work in a 100+ gal long tank still isn’t really feasible and the only real advantage is you could stock 4-6 more average sized fish then the 55 gal. Also the 110 gal would require mh lighting due to the height if you ever wanted to keep corals.

Of course getting both is always an option ;)

P.S.
Brian, I’m amazed you haven’t sold that tank yet! Would you sell it for what you paid for it?

Thats what I was thinking as well tec. ..... that 110 is very deep so I would need MH to penetrate the depth. The 55 comes with I believe a 4 X 65watt PC strip so that would be sufficient for some softies and some LPS.

Not to mention the cost of 200+ lbs. of LR and a little less sand for a nice DSB ... 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Plus I found out the 55gal comes drilled, with lights and 20gallon AGA that can be turned sump. Hmmmmmm????

The 110 is just such a nice tank!!!

I completely forgot the 55 gal was drilled and reef ready! My next tank is going to be drilled for sure. Not that I hate my overflow since it’s worked flawlessly but not having the tank flush against the wall is a small pet peeve of mine.

And you’re right about the lights, I have the same amount on my 55 gal and it’s great for keeping medium light corals :D

P.S. Congrats on the 1000 post and becoming a “Addict” which I would have to say we all are to some point ;)

Yeah I like my tanks to be flush as well and I think with the drilled tank it will be nice, although it is a corner tank!

WOW ..... didn't even notice I had a 1000 already!!!!! WOOOOOOT

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom