Good idea or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a hydor korilla 600gph powerhead that was given to me. It's too much to use for my 20H. So could I wire I light switch dimmer into it to make it adjustable? Or is that just a really bad, huge fire hazard idea?

P.S. I'm a very competent solderer and have done electrical work before. I'm just not sure if this is a good idea or not..
Thanks!

00youknowit00 said:
I have a hydor korilla 600gph powerhead that was given to me. It's too much to use for my 20H. So could I wire I light switch dimmer into it to make it adjustable? Or is that just a really bad, huge fire hazard idea?

P.S. I'm a very competent solderer and have done electrical work before. I'm just not sure if this is a good idea or not..
Thanks!

Not a good idea. Not exactly sure how would do this to begin with but sounds risky.

Btw how it to much for a 20h? I have a 750 in a 20long and it works fine.

Schism said:
Not a good idea. Not exactly sure how would do this to begin with but sounds risky.

Btw how it to much for a 20h? I have a 750 in a 20long and it works fine.

Well, THEORETICALLY it kinda makes since, but it sounded sketchy to me..

Well, maybe it isn't, but it was given to me and the adjustable part broke so its glued on the bracket so it only points straight.. and it starts to move sand. It just seems like a whirl wind.

Back
Top Bottom