Good LR???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where to get good LR online. I have been looking at Liverocks.com and Dr. Foster/Smiths. I will probably buy from one of these. Would this help with my green cyano problem. I have about 26lbs of LR, remora c protein skimmer, and about five little fish. I scooped up the cyano and placed my PH lower for more water flow down there. It did grow back, but a lot slower. I was thinking it might be because I don't have enough rock to filter for the bio-load I have. That and I need an R/O filter. I bought my LR from that fish place, and I have good coralline growth with only 30 watts of light. There's also sponges and fans on the rocks, along with this stuff that looks just like grass, not algae. Sorry to ramble, I was wondering what the chance are of getting pests on LR, like mantis shrimp. Thanks for any advice on the LR or cyano problem!

just got 45 lbs from live rocks.com which had 2 mantis shrimp and alot of crabs and what not !! if ya dont want to dealwith these animals then ya better to order rock from the pacific !! your cyano is due to your water !! so buy the ro and then add rock imo :)

well i had ordered from drfosterandsmith.com it was ok rock. it did not come with any crabds or shrimps or nay thing. the coraline algea was not all over the rock but when i tunred on my lights on the rock then it took off. i plan to make an order from liverocks.com soon there rock seems soo good from what i have been reading. and drfosterandsmith.com you have to pay more to get it shipped overnight, i think it is 1.25 per lbs for 2 day. and then you would have a lot of die off.

imo theres a huge diff between aqua-cultured and "real" live rock !! and imo your best not to put all your eggs in one basket !! ya want as much diverse life as ya can get !! i have a mix of fiji and keys rock !! yes is there more critters on the florida stuff ??? for sure but ya have to remember its only been in the ocean for a few years if that !! i like the looks of pacific rock alot better and if you buy the best "uncured" pacific rock you will be happy with the out come with that for sure !! but thats another issue all in its self :) but adding florida rock is a great way to get some worms and critters most want !!

I've had great success with liverocks.com Great rock with tons of coraline and other life. Great customer service as well.

Back
Top Bottom