Good pistol shrimp with yellow watchman goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corinne118s

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I decided to try a yellow watchman goby for my 10g nano. What pistol shrimp would work with him? Thanks!

I'm worried the Shrimp need a bigger tank that's a problem. Says they both need 20+ gal is that accurate? Yet yellow watchmen only need 10?

Haha ok. I'm leaning toward a Randall. I like tiger but they seem so big. When I get my watchman he will be less than an inch long I think... How should I introduce them?

Together would be best. If they both come in at the same time they will most likley pair up!

Ok I read somewhere to introduce pistol first let it make a cove then introduce the goby a day later but I just can't do that timing wise. I'll get then same time and put pistol in first for an hr or so

I introduced my pistol long before I found a healthy yasha goby at my LFS. Maybe 6 months my pistol shrimp was in the tank before I added a goby. I put fish in on the same side of tank thy shrimps burrow was. The goby Didn't even see the shrimp and with in seconds the yasha goby as in the burrow. Unfortunately I havnt seen my goby in 2 months. I still hold out hope since he has gone missing in past and I found in the sump.

How big is your tank?

I just got a wheelers goby and tiger pistol :) i fell in love with the tiger surprisingly I dont think picture do them justice they are so interesting!

My goby is very antsy and was flipping out a lot at first.. Scared me because I have a topless tank..

Oh haha mine is 10 and it's already hard to find him! Can't imagine

If you want the shrimp to come out to a certain area feed it there I usually feed mine a small piece (less than the size of a pea) of shrimp or silverside. I do this only a couple of times a week to make sure he is eating.

I have to agree they are so interesting to see interact with each other.

Ok I'll do that. Hey how much should my goby eat? Saw him eat 2-3 brine shrimp this morning (alive) and assuming he ate a few more when I wasn't looking. Is that enough?

Iv found the best way to introduce them into the tank is where ever u want the den place some small rocks and rubble as son as u put the pistol shrimp in that area he will usually dig a burrow the goby will take cover in the rubble until he had a home

If u wanna see a lot of your shrimp and goby pair take the large plastic part on a gravel vac usually about 10 inches long and 2 or 3 in diameter any similar clear plastic will work put the pair in there dig down to the bottom of the front of your tank and place the tube where you dug out so it rests at the bottom and up against the glass so u can see inside bury the tube and place rubble on the sand bed near the openings the shrimp will dig his way out and love his new home

Back
Top Bottom