Good Skimmer?!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LdIZzY

Aquarium Advice Activist
What brand slimmer should I get for a 40gal with a 20gal tall sump? I have a CPR HOB with a rio 1400 pump on it right now, but want to upgrade...

I use deltec. I'm sure there are differing opinions on all skimmers but from personal experience I am unable to fault mine.

Yep deltec here too. They may cost a bit, but in my experience you get what you pay for. Buy cheap, buy twice is my motto.

Swc 120 is a amazing skimmer major skim mate and super quiet (silent) price is not bad

Yep, I made the mistake of buying cheap and bought twice.

Won't make that mistake again.

Had a tmc first and it was awful.

I have a reef octopus BH 2000. Works great. I love it!!

What brand slimmer should I get for a 40gal with a 20gal tall sump? I have a CPR HOB with a rio 1400 pump on it right now, but want to upgrade...

You need a skimmer that is rated to about 80-100g. Any skimmer at that rating will work really. I would go with a Buble Magus, ReefOctopus, Vertex or something similar. You should be able to get a good skimmer for your system around $200.

I am setting up a 40g breeder with a 20L sump and I am using a Euro-Reef RS80

I'm a fan of Reef Octopus skimmers. TBH as big a skimmer as you can fit in your sump would be best. An oversized skimmer for a tank isn't a bad thing ;)

Oversize is fine but not to big a 120 is good I have the swc 160 you have a 40 gal tank might be 2 big there is a thing of two clean of a tank !!! And don't get a hob skimmer if u have a sump they work but u always have 2 worry about overflow !! A in sump no worries at all !! And believe me I don't care if u spend 1 million on a skimmer it will overflow on u

I just got a octopus bh 1000 hob and I LOVE it. It's rated for 90-100 gallons. That's a good skimmer if you aren't looking for an in sump skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom