Good Websites to Buy Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drumlizardo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

In the past I've only bought coral from my LFS, but their selection is a little limited, so I'm hoping to start purchasing online. But it's hard to tell which websites offer good quality and service. I've been browsing LiveAquaria.com and Bluezooaquatics.com a bit, but I was wondering if anyone has recommendations: Who sells the highest-quality corals? I'd like to buy only aquacultured or maricultured corals when I can, so a good selection of those is important.

Thanks, guys!

James

Reefs2go does a good job... I have ordered a few things from them always good quality! I ordered some zoas for $1/ polyp so I ordered a 5$ worth. I got a frag with close to 20 polyps!!! I put them in the tank and they opened within a few hours

Attachments

• image-232661629.jpg
    image-232661629.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 149
I always buy from Saltwaterfish.com. I got this on my last order. It was a special for a bubble tip anemone and ocellaris clownfish for $25. All you for the specials is purchase a set price of livestock usually $79 to $100. I always exceed that anyway. I've always had good quality livestock and service from them.

image-2446610608.jpg

Aquasd.com. They have the good stuff and always include free frags. I ordered 100$ in zoas and recieved two free acan frags. Included is a letter that says there mission statement and how they always include free frags to keep you coming back. The website is one of the best as well.

I was going to recommend AquaSD too! It is actually my LFS and it is just beautiful. They have a beautiful 200+ gallon reef display and have new frags coming in every 3 days usually and have sales a lot. They have good frag packs and I've never had anything die on me except a favia, but I think my lighting was too strong. Best quality I have seen and most are better prices than even online stores! They are very friendly and tell what frags look healthy or when they fragged them etc. Really have no secrets and just gorgeous pieces.

+1 on AquaSD. One of my main LFS. The always get a bunch of unique high end corals. Ive spent hundreds of $$ in livestock there.

Live Aquaria has some nice maricultured and aquacultured pieces in their Divers Den section. If you are looking for especially rare frags, and money isn't an issue, check out Sexy Corals and Cherry Corals.

+1 on Liveaquaria. The corals I have received are always larger than I expected. I have purchased quite a bit from them and I never lost a coral from them. I would say just the opposite applies to my experiences with reefs2go.

Hey, thanks, everyone! I ended up buying about $300 of LPS and SPS from aquasd, and I'm really happy with the coral quality. I actually called them up two days after I placed my order online, and they were happy to change part of my order for me. The frags all look great, and they threw in a freebie. Thanks again for the recommendations, everyone!

If you ordered 2-3 hundred. I am willing to bet they will throw in more than 1 freebie! :) my 200 landed me 1 high end and 2 mid range freebies.

I was following along this thread and checked out aquasd for the first time. I have to say I'm real impressed. It looks like they have some great stuff

After reading this, I am about to hit SEND on an order for Aquasd. They need to give you guts something for the referral and extra business.

I checked them out too, since I but coral when I'm down in the dumps. Great looking stuff, I just wish they posted more info about the coral on the site since Im not knowledgeable on every coral in aquaria today.

drumlizardo said:
How 'bout it, AquaSD? Some free frags for everyone on this thread for all the publicity we're giving you. :D

I will take 10% off! Lol I was about to make an order

I recently received my order of two corals from Aquasd. The quality and packing were great. I also received a freebie, which is amazing. I will definitely order from them again. I forget, who initially recommended Aquasd.com, but thanks. I hope you get something from them for all of the business you sent them.

Back
Top Bottom