Gorilla crab with eggs..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think these are gorilla crabs.. Hairy just not a black tip.. It's got dark claws and a pinkish to red body with hair all over...Anyway, a couple of these crabs have eggs under their bellies. Is this gonna be a problem? I've left the crabs alone till now but I've noticed that some are getting rather large..I try to feed them hunks of shrimp and scallop as well as the fish so that they don't run rampant in the tank, but I will eventually get them out, it's just that there are alot of them and now with the eggs I"m concerned... Will these guys reproduce well? I mean will the babies that hatch gro to be food or full grown adults?

its not likley that they will turn into baby crabs they will get sucked up by filters or just not have the right conditions to make it past the first stage

okie dokie. they say also that cerith snails won't make it past their first stage either..but I've got tiny cerith snails coming out at night.. so I hope ur right..:)

ive had baby snails also show up but they probably arived on a rock and were too small to notice untill later i noticed them when they were pin dots and 6 or 8 monthes latter thier still smaller than a pea

Back
Top Bottom