got my other 10 gallon qt tank set up and

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Going to pick up a Red Sea Sailfin Tang tomorrow. Hope it won't fight too much with my Yellow. Any last minute thoughts?
Got a long fallow time left ( 6 weeks) , figured it was a good a time as any to qt a new fish. :wink:

Hopefully you dont do what I did. My plan was to buy a 10gal and set it up as a qt, but I ended up converting it to a nano.

skipper said:
Hopefully you dont do what I did. My plan was to buy a 10gal and set it up as a qt, but I ended up converting it to a nano.

LOl, sounds liek an addiction to me! :wink: Don't think it isn't tempting. :wink:

Well, no Sailfin today. It has a case of lateral line.
See what comes in next week.

Do you have a good relationship with your LFS. The owner of the LFS I go to actually took me with him to the wholesaler so I could hand pick my copperband and my regal. With his help we picked out nice fish and saved them the trouble of acclimenting twice. Just a thought to help you get a nice sailfin.

Nice thought Lando but all the lfs around here get them shipped in.
They are going to call me when one comes in, this way I may be able to avoid what you detailed.
Actually I have both of my "good" lfs's attempting to get me a nice one.

That sounds good, at least you have people you trust. You can see if you ca pick it up on shipping day to avoid undo stress on the fish. If you are leary of this see if the LFS will take a cash deosite and have them hold it for your a week or two to make sure it looks okay and is eating. Most importantly...post pics when you get it.

Ya, there are 2 good ones, just one is more expensive than the other.
There are also 3-4 "bad" lfs who i wouldn't buy a snail from.

I'll get one. One thing I have learned in the past year is to be patient.

I went back for a second look. The owner said he would go cheaper. I decided against, it just looked bad.
Decided not to wait, my window of qt time is not that large and no one has any coming. I got a Coral Beauty (my second choice) and a Lawnmower Blenny instead. :)
Both very healthy looking.

I considered it. I have ordered inverts online before. I just like to see my fish before I buy them.

That is my major reservation as well. I prefer to hand pick my fish to.

Back
Top Bottom