Gracilaria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EXVISOR13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone ever used this for there fish?
heard very good for them and is good for picky fish
Red Gracilaria Algae

(Gracilaria Parvispora) "Ogo"

Aquacultered in Hawaii. Natural food source for all herbivorous fish. Your Tangs will love you.

This live food will provide the proper nutrition for many species of plant eating marine fish.

Add directly as food to your main tank, or float it in your refugium as a biological filter to remove ammonia, nitrates and phosphates.

I have it in my refugium for nutrient export, along with cheato and caluerpa. I've tried to feed the red gracilaria to my two tangs (sailfin and regal blue) and they won't touch it, but they love the caluerpa.

Ok I've seen Caluerpa in the store now and then ,my tangs use to love it but does not seem like the fish stores have it to often ,anyone you know of carries this

FWIW, my yellow tang loves the green gracilaria. You should be able to find a vendor who sells macros online pretty easily w/ a search-I don't know of any off hand. HTH

You can find all kinds of macroalgae at www.floridapets.com. I've never personally ordered anything from there so I can't speak of their quality or service. I just ran across the website one day and was impressed with their stock.

Back
Top Bottom