Gramma not eating mysys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
well my Royal Gramma wont eat frozen mysis? This is the first fish I have ever had that wont eat it.. (even my bicolor blenny eats them)? he eats marine flakes fine but not frozen mysis? what else should I feed him then?

Alot of people on here make a blender mush that they freeze and feed to their tank. Theirs also vitamin enriched Brine and mixes such as emerald entre and marine cuisine. So many choices out there.

Ziggy953 said:
Mine ate brine until 2 days ago....he decided to take a long leap out of the tank...

Aww. :(

blazey, try some other frozen food, not just mysis. San Francisco Bay brand carries a lot of different foods. I feed my fish out of the Saltwater Multi Pack, has 4 different kinds of food. You can try squid, brine, etc. as well.

Is the gramma a new addition? If so, give it a few days to settle in. I also suggest adding some garlic (like Garlic Guard or Garlic Extreme) to the food. It is ment to increase appatite. Also, the addition of HUFAs and amino acids would be helpful. Try vita-chem and Selcon.

thanks everyone I will look into the saltwater multi pack!
yes lando it is a new addition, a cute one at that lol

Back
Top Bottom