green algae or what???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can someone please tell me what this green stuff is and if its an early stage of purple coraline or not? As soon as I started adding liquid calcium is when this started growing and my calcium level is 400..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110309_120248.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110309_120248.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 260
It`s not algea or coralline. But it`s hard to tell from the pic. Any chance of a better pic.

Hopefully this pic is a little better

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110311_111429.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110311_111429.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 236
Rub it and see if it comes off easy the next time you do a water change. To me it looks like the start of coraline algae.

Ok so from this point of the coraline growth could I get a rough estimate on how long it would take to get the purple color?

It will depend on several things like calcium and magnesium, light cycle and probably a bunch of other things that will make it happen faster. Don't add purple up to me it is a waste, and I got some free.

Oh ok.. I add liquid calcium and also purple tech which is the same as purple up lol

I wouldn't add anything like that purple up stuff to your tank, and unless you need it I wouldn't be adding calcium either. Don't try to fix what ain't broke.

And it may never turn purple, it might be green coraline, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom