Green BTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a green BTA that has been in my tank about 2 weeks. He moved behind a rock near the back and rarely comes out very much. I have noticed though that his tentacles have shivled up to nearly nothing. When looking at him all you can really see is his base and his shrivled up tentacles. No bubble tips, nothing - it almost looks like he lacks tentacles.

Other than that he seems normal. Any ideas?

Sounds stressed. What kind of lights do you have? Is he being harassed by a large clown? And (you had to know this was coming :wink: ) what are you water parameters?

Water Parameters are

Nitrites: 0.0
Nitrate: 0.0
Ph: 8.4
Salinity: 1.025-26
Temp: 80 evening 82 Day
Calcium: 450
Lighting = Current USA Orbit 384 watt - 2 white 10,000k and 2 Blue Actinic 7500k

there is a mid-sized female Maroon Clown that is always trying to host with the GBTA. She has a Long Tentacle and some other stuff in there she hosts with also.

I believe bta's are the natural host to maroon clowns. I could be wrong but I had this problem with an over zealous clown that almost killed a bta by loving it to much. The anemone was to small is mainly the reason but yeah. it's possible for a clownfish to harass a small anemone to the point of not recovering. I'll pm you some pics of mine. I removed it from maroon tank and within two weeks was looking happy and healthy again.

Back
Top Bottom