Green Bubble Tip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glambert226

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, we got a Green Bubble Tip a few days ago. It gound a spot and opened up and is eating. Our clowns started hosting right away even though we didn't know if they would since they're tank raised. Today, we got a scallop and when we put it in, it moved and fell onto the BTA and bumped the rock slightly that's next to it. Now the BTA has closed up completely. It hasn't done that (that we've seen) since we got him. I'm worried the scallop or the rock moving damaged him. Thinking of moving the rock, but don't want to make it worse if it's nothing. Any ideas?

It might have but just make sure of good water quality. Any damage to the foot will be serious. It does not sound like that is the situation though.

Our water is quality is really good. The places we get our stuff from are impressed by how well everything is doing in our tank in the time frame that we've had the tank. Some that didnt look so great at the store is growing and looking great in our tank. I really hope he didn't get damaged. The scallop only hit the tentacles, and the rock is light and only rocked a little, so I'm hoping he's just eating. Haven't had a chance to see him at this time of day yet.

Also, where is the best place for the scallop? I put it on a mid level ledge (we have a 47 gal deep tank) and it moved both times to the floor. It doesn't seem like there's enough current there and it right behind a rock with a frilly mushroom and I worry that it will block it from getting food.

No problems, he came back out although he did wrap around the underside of the rock next to him so I hope that will be okay.

Back
Top Bottom