Green Carpet Anemone & Peppermint Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbro

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just recently acquired an electric green carpet anemone. He aclimated just fine, and looks beautiful. As soon as I added him to the main tank, the 3 peppermint shrimp I have jumped on him like flies on This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.! One, in particular, the largest, keeps crawling all over him. This is the first full day in the main tank for the anemome. I just noticed the shrimp in the middle of the anemone, and one of the green tips from the anemone on the shrimp's claws. Is he harming my anemone or is it more symbiotic?
This sucks anyway, because I got the shrimp for the aiptasias-which I had to remove myself anyway and I got the carpet anemone for my 2 oscillaris clowns - that are very curious about him, but I think the shrimp is keeping them away. Should I just get rid of the shrimp?

Also, I called live aquaria.com (where I got the anemone) right away when I saw what was happening, and they said that the shrimp should not harm the anemone. Anybody else ever see anything like this?

Back
Top Bottom