greenex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supafreak

Aquarium Advice Activist
I took my yellow tang out of my tank, (he was swimming funny, and seemed to be scratching, and was not out in the open swimming the entire day, so i know something is wrong) I stuck him in my 33g tank to observe him better (there is no rock etc) and i looked through my box of fish stuff, and i found a bottle of greenex, but i don't have the box it came with. Someone had given it to me. The bottle said to treat with one drop for every g, but to read the box for further instruction....well i can't! I did treat with the one 33 drops, but i don't know where to go from there. Does anyone have a box laying around? how many treatments do i need to do? How do i rid the tank of the medicine once i'm done treating? I have no carbon in the tank.

The treatment is 1 drop per gallon every other day. You will treat the tank 7 times. At that point, add carbon to the tank to filter out the medication.

ok thanks. I'v never used carbon in my salt tank before. Is it a special kind of carbon? any special instructions?

It's the same activated carbon that is used in tropical tanks. You can buy at wal-mart in the fish isle. Just get a filter media bag, fill it up with carbon, and place it in an area of water flow. :)

They also make a resin called chemi-pure. I like it better than activated carbon. Just put it in a place where water will flow through it. Last up to 6 months. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom