group buy brs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
just curious if anyone will be doing this soon if so pm me thanks.

It officially started yesterday and will run to this Sunday. If you still want in PM me your last name and email address. You will have to register on bulk reef supply's website as well.

What exactly are you guys talking about if you don't mind me asking?

Its a group buy through bulk reef supply. We all get together and order and they give us a discount

Once every few weeks, under the Equipment Forum, Carey will setup a group buy through BRS. In order to join the group buy you must first register at the BulkReefSupply website. No special registration, just the normal stuff.

Once you do that, you can PM Carey with the SAME e-mail address that you used to sign up on the site. After about a week or so, Carey will send in the final submission to BRS with all of the e-mails to verify who is involved.

Once the groupbuy timeframe starts, you will input your e-mail / username on the site, and then you will be able to see the discounts available.

You DO NOT have to buy anything. Some people go just to check out the deals. Once you join a group buy, you become a preferred reefer on BRS and get to enjoy lifetime discounts (not as good as during the group buy timeframe, but still good).

BRS doesn't sell livestock, it is mainly equipment. Any of the suppliments such as GFO and calcium usually have a really good discount, basically anything BRS has their name is is discounted well. Skimmers have some good discounts, bulbs are a few dollars off, etc.

I did one so far, and really liked it. If you don't find anything immediately, you still have the Preferred reefer status at the end and will get lifetime discounts from the site.

It's for dry goods, no livestock. Bulk Aquarium Supplies - Reef Aquarium Supplies | BulkReefSupply.com

You get anywhere from 5% to 20% of items. Items like carbon, gfo, ro/di units and reactors are the biggest discount.

I set up a group buy about every two months or so.

If you want in i can send the information to brs tomorrow. I just need your last name and email address. Then you go to the website and log in and the discounts show up. You are not obligated to buy anything but now is the time to pick up the kind of stuff your lfs doesnt usually carry like buckets of carbon and gfo. lol

they also have dry base rock, some really really nice stuff.

ok, thanks... ill get back to ya on this... i have spent a lot of dough already so far..LOL!!!

carey said:
It officially started yesterday and will run to this Sunday. If you still want in PM me your last name and email address. You will have to register on bulk reef supply's website as well.

Cary, what is your email adress so I can say you referred me. It says you will get some points or credits.

as soon as you get an email from brs. You must be registered though. I beleive you are so it should be soon.

Back
Top Bottom