GRRR! I am so-oooo mad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Deposit has been made.

On another note...You may want to contact oceanic yourself. If this tank is new...the chip should be covered under warranty as well as the glass, the store owner may not want to make good, but I can almost assure you oceanic doesn't want a story of cracked and chipped oceanic tanks out on the net.

Yes! HI CASIE!
erm...welcome stranger :)

Casie is a friend, with an absolutely gorgeous reef that I got to see for the first time this past weekend...Totally awesome. (fork over the kudos guys)

Anyway, the tank was just delivered...gee, guess what, it has a little chink out of the front left corner of the glass.....the sump did not come with it, he could not fit it in the truck. Upon further box openings, the top right corner glass is broken and the hinges to the doors, nor the sump plumping managed to make it to the store yet. He told me it will be there within two weeks...oceanic said they will not do trade ins on the sump. I think that we will be able to make it fit if we remove the front support that the doors will close against.

I think the gods are trying to tell me something...but hey, I am hard of hearing to nasty little deities like Loki.

Nothing like the stress and thrills of a new tank!

Oooo good pics! I saw a much smaller 75 bowfront stocked and I've wanted one ever since! They are stunning!

Give those supports a little wiggle and see if its just tacked there, or if its solid. Gabe says he thinks our Oceanic stand was just stapled near the bottom (on the back support) so that it could be removed... I don't know if he can be trusted on this however, because he also accused me of hiding his pvc glue today and I think he just might be cracking up. Heehee =)

You said the glass tops were damaged? Is the tank itself alright?

PS. You guys have a great board here and I'm glad Hara pointed me this way!

Yes I would say from the last pic where its the back center brace-top it looks like its stapled in place.

If that is the case then you could easily pry that back center brace off. Put your sump in there and then nail or screw the back brace back into place.

I would elect to use screws and some wood glue myself.

You guys have a great board here and I'm glad Hara pointed me this way!

Well on bahalf of each and every member that has posted I would like to thank you. Your addition to this site will make it that much better.

We managed to get the sump inside by removing the front support, it was loose anyway. Guess it will go back better than it came with some liquid nail stuff. I am amazed at the lack of quality in the workmanship of this stand. That it can hold so much weight amazes me.

The tank itself, has a chip on the front left side corner. Oceanic says on their website that glass-to-glass leakage is what is warranteed. We took the top part back to Alexandria today. I asked him if he would please try to hurry the overflow parts along as he had said that it would be maybe 2 weeks. That seems ridiculously long to me.

We opened the box of plumbing stuff and boy does it look confusing. Wish it had an instruction booklet or something.

How far from the wall should we put this thing?

Casie, 25 kudos to you for being so helpful and generous. Hara 25 kudos for you for being a great member that Ive always learned from. (plus your dedicated enough to have a seahorse tank, and that rocks!) Fishfreek and reefrunner, no kudos for you, not because I dont like you, but because you guys got them on tap!!LOL

sweet deal you got the sump in.

Yes many people are supprised to see the construction of these stands. But the stand is much stronger than they appear because the wood is vertical and all the weight is inline so it goes stright down the vertical parts of the stand and then is transfered to the floor.

Dont panic about the plumbing. Lay all the parts out and then just invision what you would need to connect to what inorder to get the hose from point a to point b.

Your pump is an external pump so one thing you want to do is put some vibration damping materal under where the pump would sit. Then you wnt to position the pump in respect to the sump.

Your sump should have a bulkhead hole in the side for the plumbing to connect it and the pump together. The bulkhead may or may not be installed. If all you have is a large hole then you should have bulkhead parts that you can put into that hole to not only seal the hold put provide a point to attach the plumbing to go to the pump.

To ease the setup start at one end of the system and plumb back. For example start with yoru return lines and plumb them back to the pump and then the sump. Then work on your supply lines.

Dont be afraid to post a trillion pics of the setup if you get lost or confused. Also, maybe you could entise Casie to come over for a few cold adult beverages :drinking: in exchange for getting help on your plumbing.

Kudos for the poor! Kudos for the poor! oh, whoops no pan handling....

Sorry

Near as we can figure out, all the bulkhead fittings for the sump are here, but the ones for the tank are not. He had to order the lines that go into each of the overflow boxes, I am hoping that the bulkhead fittings will come with that set.

Also, should we plan some type of shutoff valves? water flow control of some way?
If so, where would be the best place to put them?

Also, I do not see the connection pieces to the pump itself.

Also, maybe you could entise Casie to come over for a few cold adult beverages in exchange for getting help on your plumbing.

We live 2+ hours away from each other...may even have to offer to cook dinner!

Your in Louisianna...hmmmm...for a home cooked cajun meal and some cold beer....I might be enticed to come help out!!!

You know Gabe and I would love to lend a hand. =)

And I do know a place in town that has some nice quality bulkheads if needed. Those shut off valves are cool too. Really, you can make it as simple or as complex as you like. Keep us posted!

Will do MK. I guess now, all we are waiting on is the word that the parts are in.

I think we will spend tomorrow evening putting liquid nail on all the loose supports.
It may not need it, but I will feel better doing it.

Btw, I picked up two baby pj cardinals for the seahorse tank yesterday. The little yellow seahorse was schooling with them...it was soooo cute!

I would put shut off valves on any piece of equipment I might want to isolate for maintanance. Pumps, sumps, protien skimmers, even return lines that might siphon.

Back
Top Bottom