GSP Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I put some GSP in a tank right when I set it up, it survived the cycle but something weird happened and I need help understanding, it seemed they thrived more in the tank that was cycling then the tank that's been up for 5 years. Any ideas?

Actually, I have no idea. LOL Mine has always thrived and spread like a darn plague no matter what tank I put it in.

How long has it been in the new tank? maybe it just needs some more time....

Well I know they don't like trates. Mine let me know when its time for a water change. Also they like high flow so they could be reacting to that.

They were in a low flow. They were in the tank for the entire month of the cycle

That's what's crazy about saltwater. What I do is try to eliminat any possible thing it could be. Move it to higher flow for a bit if it continues to stay closed try something else like different light or position in the tanj.

Have you changed your salt that you used from the start or ro water. Anything different from when you started

Everything is fine, never switched. Alk has been the same, that's why I love this salt, with weekly water change of 10% everything stays at perfect levels

I've seen green star polyps thrive in the worst of conditions. On occasion I've seen them fail to open and eventually die, almost always because a critter of some type decides to make its way in the mat and agitate them to until they die. In fact, just a while back, a friend of mine had a baby serpent star in his. A two second dip in iodine and it came charging out. Check to see a critter moved in. It's worth a shot.

deepseadan said:
I've seen green star polyps thrive in the worst of conditions. On occasion I've seen them fail to open and eventually die, almost always because a critter of some type decides to make its way in the mat and agitate them to until they die. In fact, just a while back, a friend of mine had a baby serpent star in his. A two second dip in iodine and it came charging out. Check to see a critter moved in. It's worth a shot.

I do have to say that's why I love this forum. I didn't know that good job

I had a aiptasia growing through a mat. I have it growing on a pvc output tube. I hit it with kalk. Nothing will stop GSP.

GSP grows from a mat of tissue and extends from it. Like a carpet with the green on top. Thast the best description I can come up with. lol

Back
Top Bottom