Hair Algae Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadSneak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been watching some Hair Algae grow in my tank, I was just giving it time to see if my clean up crew would get rid of it, but they haven't...:( Now what is the best and effective way to get rid of the algae? My tank is currently fish less due to an ICH outbreak, they are in my QT. Thanks!

Don't feed the tank and if you don't have corals you can keep lights off. Do some water changes to get excess nutrients out of the water.

I was told by a guy at my lfs to cover the tank completely so zero light gets in at all. Keep it covered for three days n it will kill all your algae. Then just siphon it out. I ended up not having to do it so I personally don't know if it would work. Just throwing it put for u

Yeah,blacking out your tank should do the trick,,but you still need to figure out why it got out of control in the first place

That is true. My problem was that I was putting to much food in at one time n the fish could eat it all. So I started to feed them not so much n make sure that there wasn't so much uneaten food. It help out alot

Back
Top Bottom