Hair algae maintinence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It kills off all algae . Previously I dip the rock in h202 scrub it clean and put it right back in. Every coral that enters my tank gets it too.. Iv it's ever cycled afteri did that. I never noticed it..

And ya. I've used algae fix too and it does nothing

I thought bryopsis was leafy type. Many hairs branched of one. Not just single hairs?

Checkout algae fix marine. Few people on here and other sites have had good success with it. Google around for info.

I tried this a couple few weeks back due to a slowly growing algae problem which over time engulfed my rocks etc,...in my case if I could ever have a normal CUC things IMO would be ok but due to a invert eating humuhumu it just isn't the case ,... This marine algae fix worked beautifully for me ,... In my case it was worth every penny and then some!!!!

Thanks X. I don't know any of the scientific names. And there's no pictures.. Haha. But I will google it tomorrow at work

Hi there
If it is hair Algae A quick fix would be to buy one of the following urchines, conchs, sea hare ,one of these guys will clear it up in no time providing it is what you say good luck

I've tried a kole tang. An urchin. And the I got a foxface. Plus my flame angel.. They only eat low grown. New algae. But it grew fast than they could eat it. And never touched it once it got longer than a half inch. I just couldn't get rid of it fast enough. The tank is going on day 3 of complete blackout. I'll see how it looks when I get home. But my guess is it'll have to b blacked out for a few weeks

Why are you afraid of raising your magnesium? It will not hurt anything else in the tank. Google it. you will see many people have done it with excellent results.

I never knew bout raising the mag. What and how do I do it? Tank is empty but inverts.. And water. Lol I can dump some mag in it..

Go buy Kent tech-M and a mag test kit. Raise it up to about 1500-1550, and the hair algae will wither away.

What about brightwell mag? I have that. And a Red Sea mag test kit

My LFS is telling me hydrated mag is dirty. Don't get it! .... Why would he say that?

Back
Top Bottom