Hair algea eater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is there a fish I could put in my 46g bow that eats hair algea? I don't want a sea hare. Like a actual fish?

My lawn mower wouldn't eat the long hair. I ended up using 3 black Molly's it was gone in a week! Most important thing I did was to stop over feeding. I only feed three times a week now. I removed the mollies and haven't had any since.

My friend picked up a bi color blenny it did a amazing job. Make sure it's a herbivore he paid 10 bucks.

The crabs are good and sometimes do a great job, Unfortunately for me after that they turned and started eating my zoas so I took them out.

Convict2161 said:
The crabs are good and sometimes do a great job, Unfortunately for me after that they turned and started eating my zoas so I took them out.

I witnessed my emerald catch my goby and tear its mouth

K well it's only on two rocks. My nitrates and phosphates are both at 0 I have a emerald crab and he doesn't eat it. I got a lawn mower blenny and he doesn't seem to touch it either, although I haven't really seen him much since I put him in. Kinda regret buying it.

Maybe reduce the length the lights are on. I also heard if you treat for nitrates and phosphates it will go away as well because they are just consuming them. And thats why your tests are zero.

Good thing is you have good water quality

Pull as much off manually so your CUC can fight at it. As said before keep nitrates and phosphates down and it will go away. Light reduction helps as well. Definitely watch that crab with any corals! I've fought the hair alage battle. Not as bad as the cyano battle IMO. GOODLUCK!

Scopes Tang.
Had my 75g spotless in 2 days.
Has a good personality as well except that he wants all/any food that I try to feed.

Any update on how's it going?

Back
Top Bottom