Hang On Back Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone had any experience with hang on back refugiums? Captivereefs.com have a few CPR models.

I'll be running a new 110 gallon without a sump (unfortunately no space), so I'm considering adding a hang on back refugium if its worth it.

- Skins

I have the bigger, 5g version on a 75g. I think it is rated as too small for my tank, but I love it anyway. Nice place for pods and macroalgae.

I have the largest version on my 72g as well. I like it a lot and have had no problems with it. Seems to be built pretty well.

usually i would go for a bigger sump/ refugium than a hang on which is not big enough.
well i belive the bigger the better apply to this :D unless you have limited space.

I have limited space. No room for a sump. Do you all think the large (5 gallon) hang on back fuge would really do anything for me running a 110gal? Worth the $120ish you think?

Thanks all.

Mine is loaded with calerpa (sp?) and pods. Not sure what 5g of fuge would do for a 100g, but I still enjoy mine. Pick the macro algae out to feed my tang. Loaded with pods that breed and I'm sure supply the tank with them for my mandarin.

I am too limited with space. The other thing is that since it sits on top of the tank, I can't run the lights opposite from the main, which is preferred.

I just enjoy the additional life I get to maintain in it.

Back
Top Bottom