Has anyone had any luck mixing tomato and percula clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone! I am having quite a time trying to decide what fish I want to get next. I currently have a 60 gallon tank that has been established for about 3 years or so. I have a Blue Tang and Percula Clown, and various snails, crabs, and shrimp. I don't have any corals at the moment, but it could be a possibility. I also have a rose BTA. I have a Tomato Clown in the QT, but recently found out that he will probably be aggressive towards my smaller Percula, and I don't want anything to happen to my little Nemo. The lfs that I purchased him from said they wouldn't take him back, even when I said that I wanted to get another fish from them. Any ideas on what to do with him? I feel bad for the little guy.

I am looking at the following fish to be a next possible tank mate. Any thoughts/comments? I also want to get a Flame Angel, but know that one should go in last.

Auriga Butterflyfish
Flame Hawkfish
Foxface Lo

TIA! :)

The Flame Hawk, although a great fish will murder your shrimp as soon as possible, I had a Pixie Hawk that would take out new shrimp in less than 12 hours. Look into a Fairy Wrasse. I recently added a Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse and everybody who comes over loves it, nice color and very peaceful.

I was looking at several wrasse actually - I like the vibrant colors. My only concern was that they all seem to be jumpers. My tank is pre-drilled with a hood. So, I'm worried they would try to jump out of the back of the hood or into the overflow. :?

I have mixed cinnamon and percs but not tomato (very similar). However I have plenty room for their "territories". I think you will have aggression issues. They are definitely mean fish. Is there another LFS or local reef club?

Yes, there is another lfs in Lakeland - I just felt badly for the little guy, I didn't want him to keep being shipped around and placed in one tank after another. :( I guess I'm just being silly. I would rather him have to adjust to another tank than harm my little percula.

I have a tomato and a gold stripe maroon and they fight all the time. The tomato instigates alot of it.

Back
Top Bottom