Has anyone tried this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjvincent

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking of going to my local grocery store and asking about the fish/shrimp that they were no longer going to keep (throw away). Taking it home and putting it in a blender and freezing them in cubes or small portions to feed to the tank. I bet one could get the fish/shrimp for next to nothing if one spoke to the manager and explained what you were using it for... :?:

I'm not sure how a fish react's to old food but I know how I do and it's not pretty. I would rather spend a couple bucks and feed my fish quality food and know what their getting rather than take a chance of poisining my high dollar fish somehow, I have no idea if this is even possible but I'm not the one finding out.,,LOL :lol:

I don't know if I would chance that. The older the food gets the more bacteria that grows. For us it won't do anything but with a sensitive animal like a marine fish I wouldn't chance it.JMHO

Just tell them you want a little bit of a few things. Last time I did he just threw it all in 1 bowl. Probably made 3 months of food for a few dollars.

Back
Top Bottom