Have i killed my hammer coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olliefowler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had this hammer coral for about a year.
2 weeks ago it was doing amazing. But i have altered a couple of things to try and improve sps growth!
I have lowered the intensity of my 165w leds from 100% to about 60% and brought my phosphates down from .50 to about .10 in a week.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427903883.076396.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea i have just been trying this ati phospate stop. Didnt think it would work so quickly!!
Would the light change have affected it?
If you remember it was yourself i spoke to about my light settings!

Any drastic change can effect things. I don't think it would be the lighting, but these aren't change things everyday sort of deals. It is make an adjustment and watch for a week...then adjust if necessary...so on.

So you think is more likely the quick drop in phospates? Is that a big drop in a week?

Do you think it is beyond recovery?

looks like you can still see polyps so it should come back. If you see the white skeleton thats when you're in the danger zone...

Can see a little bit of white! Ok will turn them up 5%

Hammers are tough IMHE. Consider the evolution of the organism. Improvements are measured in months, years, and decades. I wouldn't change too much at once to expect a positive change in days.

Back
Top Bottom