Have tank, will travel. ?'s about leaving town and lights.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, so im leaving my baby for 2 full weeks, with nodbody in the house. I feel comfortable about it everything except for one little snag. The halides and temp. What are your opinions on two weeks of 2X96W 03's only?

You should just buy a timer..

Just get a cheap little thing to plug the balast into, gost maybe 5 bucks at wal-mart.

I have the system on a regulated timer, however I would still leave the lighting system off completely if its not going to hurt too much. I leave my halides on for weekend trips, but two weeks without keeping an eye on them almost is a hazard not only to my tank but to my home.

cant you get a temp switch? if you could find one put that right after the timer. then if the temp gets to high the lights will turn off. but can only turn on if the timers say it is time. i was just thinking about thattoday when i was watching the tank. but i have not gone out to look for a temp switch yet. and i do not mh. just pc.

Well, I have been thinking about it, and I have a solution. I am going to use my timer for a reduced daylight period. Im going to run my halides 4 hours instead of 10 every day. Its the only compromise I can come up with.

Back
Top Bottom