Hawaiian reef fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
I decided to make my 120g into a reef instead of a FOWLR. Now i have to make a stocking list and i want to have fish and corals from Hawaii and maybe the Marshall Islands. I have read that if you keep species specific to one area it is better because it is a more natural environment for them. All my LR is Marshall Island rock so i want to go from there with my livestock. Problem is that i have looked everywhere and found no good listing of fish from either of these locations. I know for sure i want a Chevron Tang and maybe a Goldflake Angel, but thats about it. If anyone could list some cool hawaiian or marshall island reef fish, it would be greatly appreciated.

I know as far as tangs there are the yellow,kole and Naso that are hawaiin fish.

The Chevron Tang is also. Thats the one fish i know i definately want. Everything else is still up in the air.

Go to liveaquaria.com and put Hawaii in the search. I just did it and it came up with 7 pages.

i just put my new lights on it so its just about ready to go. I need a little more rock before i start stocking. I have 440W of VHO lighting on the tank so i should be able to keep softies and some LPS. Pics will be up as the tank progesses.

Back
Top Bottom