hawkfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

hello,

I just added this new dude to my tank with,
2 damsail fisk
1 purple tank
1 saddle back slown
1 sand sifting goby

The LSF called him a hawkfish. He has been there for about 2 weeks and nobody had claimed him so I got him with Christmas debit cards. He's cool. It looks like he has no swim blatter, but he hops around from rock to rock and nobody messes with him.

Attachments

• hawk2.jpg
    hawk2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 156
ya I have a longnose hawkfish they are very cool to watch, mine perches himself everywhere. The only drawback is mine kills shrimp. :roll:

Over here they call that one a Pixie Hawk. I had :( one for a while and it was one of my favourites. Mine would perch up high on the rock and then divebomb my diamond goby( never got him though) Like Jabber says, they will kill shrimp.

They are great additions to a tank that does not have shrimp! I had a flame hawk and he would watch you walk by the tank. Looks liek you got a great xmas present, congrats!!

I have not had one but they are cool fish..... I almost got one a few months back & still might get one for my 90g reef. I love the hawks......

so far so good as far as the shrimp.
I have a cleaner shrimp. The hawk does not seem real intersted in a cleaning but he has not messed with him.

So far the hawk is real cool. Just doing his thing. Not messing with the corals and he's hardy. You don't have to worry about him as far as getting messed with. He can handle his own just fine.

nccmike said:
so far so good as far as the shrimp.
I have a cleaner shrimp. The hawk does not seem real intersted in a cleaning but he has not messed with him.

So far the hawk is real cool. Just doing his thing. Not messing with the corals and he's hardy. You don't have to worry about him as far as getting messed with. He can handle his own just fine.

Thats really lucky. My longnosed is always eating and ate my shrimps as soon as he could.

check this out.

Attachments

• hawk_cleaning_139.jpg
    hawk_cleaning_139.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 91
Nice pic but it is probably only a matter of time. Shrimp's days are numbered. I also used to have one. Good luck.

I hate to hijack your thread but. Could I put a hawkfish in a 10gal? I know they say 30 gal is the smallest. I have a clown and some shrroms, and a clean up crew.

accorddude said:
I hate to hijack your thread but. Could I put a hawkfish in a 10gal? I know they say 30 gal is the smallest. I have a clown and some shrroms, and a clean up crew.

No. Definitely not with the clown in there also.

Back
Top Bottom