Hawkfish are COOL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was at the LFS to add a few new additions to the tank and picked up a new arc eye hawkfish and a cinnamon clown. Sadly the cinnamon died this morningm hopefully my buddy at the LFS can help me out on replacement. After all it was within 24 hours. However, the hawkfish is thriving, and he is so cool. Anyone had any experience with these fish? What should I feed him? I know what he will eat, but does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to feed him? He is in a tank with a Bi-Color blenny and 4 green chromis. The last and final addition will be a baby Niger Trigger. Thanks all.

depending on the size of your blenny and chromis, they could be in danger of your hawkfish and your trigger when you get it. The Niger is a more mellow trigger but it can still get aggressive with little fish. The hawkfish and trigger makes good tankmates.

Thanks,

My hawkfish is just a baby, he is barely 2 inches, and the chromis are pretty big, so I think they will be ok. The Trigger does worry me a bit, but I think if I get him as a baby and keep him well fed then I should have no problems. Here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom