heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not at all. The only potential problem is, if the heater ever sticks in the "on" position, it will overheat the tank very quickly. I'd make sure I had a very high quality heater...Ebo Jager, Won Pro Heat, or equivalent.

what do you mean sticks in the on position? don't you leave it on all the time? or do you mean it stops regulating and just keeps going?

It stops regulating and doesn't shut off when the set temp is reached. Cheap heaters are much more prone to do this due to the inferior contacts used in them. A 100 watt heater, stuck in the "heat on" position, will fry a 10g tank quickly. That's why I'd be sure to go with something that is good quality.

its made by "all glass aquariums" it came with my 29 gallon tank, but i use my 29 for goldies so it doesnt need the heater. is all glass aquariums a good brand?

For aquariums, they're decent. I don't think they make heaters, so its some rebranded unit. Probably only average quality.

replying to my own post earlier I was heating up some of my RO water in a 5g bucket and I took the heater out to put back in my sump and it exploded and sent the sump turning blue and I nearly killed my fish and myself noting unplug the heater before you transfer it!

Back
Top Bottom