Heating question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, I just moved my tank from my bedroom to my living room and all is going well (small cycle going on after draining all the water, moving the tank, and refilling) but before I move my fish back into it, I had a heating question.

In my bedroom with my computer and other various electronics, my tank stayed a perfect 79-80 degrees, but in the living room with the extra space and airflow, it hovers around between 76-78. What wattage heater would I need to to increase the temp in a 75g to proper temperatures?

I use a 250 watt ebo-jager in my 75, but I live in a much cooler climate. I think a 200 should do just fine. Most manufacturers have guidelines for each heater, I also thin there might be a calculator or info in the articles section of this site. HTH

you should also consider adding two smaller heaters (like 2 separate 100W) so that if one fails, you won't fry the fish as easily...

I think that 200W total would be enough for the few degrees you need in your 75 though as well.

Back
Top Bottom