Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp - fish keep dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superboy114

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP:

I need help!!! i set up a 29 gallon, I have everything needed. Filter, Ligths, heaters, thermometer, skimmer. my corals are perfect, but my fish keep dying. I test the water every week and its fine and still keep dying. What am I doing wrong?????????????????? please help meeeeee!!!!!!:bad-words:

need to see test results,are you climatising the fish,also a tank that small doesn't need a skimmer if you keep up with weekly 10% pwc,but as you have one use it.

When was the tank cycled?
How was the tank cycled?
How long has it been up and running with fish?
What are you using for filtration, both mechanical and biological?
Describe the lighting units (type bulbs, total wattage).
What are the current water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, salinity, temp, calcium and alkalinity. Please post numbers of results.
What else is in the tank (livestock and equipment)?

I had a 14g running for about 4 months, and then a changed to a my new 29 g tank. the tank has been running since mid december:

Fluvial 305
2 heaters with temperature is between 77 - 78 constat, no variation
2 thermometers
1 protein skimmer oceanic
1 surface skimmer connected to tank intake
1 I will post the lightning info tonigh

last thing I did was to add 3 gallons fo salt water to the tank a couple of weeks ago when it was evaporated

I have 3 corals(they are perfect), 3 clown fish,
3 fish so far have died, they had white dots

I will try to post the parameters tonight

Im new to all these, what is the best easyest way to prevent / cure this.

BTW, When you have evaporation, top off with fresh water NOT salt water. Salinity increases when water evaporates. Part of your problem maybe ?

Yes now im aware of that, but i did a water change adding 1g of fresh water per day during 3 days to lower salinity.

yeah i thought the same but it couldnt have been that bad if his corals are as they say right? but who knows i figured that was a problem as well

well I tested my water today, and everything was perfect. I think I have a bad case of Itch on my tank. I am treating it already. Any special suggestions???

somebody told me to put the temperature on 82 degrees. Is this true????

hye...from the first post, i dont see any of yours water parameter result,,
what is your reading..???
u keep on mentioning that everything was perfect on water but what is your reading..??
Sg-
Ammonia-
Nitrite-
Nitrate-
If ich problem, u can soaks fish food with garlic....this also will help...increasing the temp, i dont know how long u need to increase the temp at 82'F....lets the experienced people explain it..
but all i did before just soak some fish food with garlic and frequent PWC...

Throw some numbers up here on your tests, or people aren't going to be able to diagnose the entirety of your situation, and you may just be back in a week because we overlooked something due to insufficient information.
Salinity:
Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
This list at the very least. If you get a guy at the fish store to do them, have him write them down and make sure they use liquid tests, not strips.

Secondly, there were multiple links posted on exactly how to cure your fish. Use your previous tank as a QT and go through the steps and wait it out. There is no one-step cure all for marine ich. Simply raising the temp will only make this much much worse. It's a ton of work, but you made the commitment to the fish, they don't have anyone but you to help them.

Make sure you wait the entire period in the articles no matter which route you go, ich lives not only on your fish but on the rock and sand, if you don't wait, its just going to happen all over again.

Best of luck!

I don't have the numbers on me, but I did go to the fish store and tested fully the water, including Salinity, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate and everything came back perfect; but my fish died with the white spots on them. :(

I'd say ich for sure, start the treatment method of your choice ASAP and next time you get the water tested, make sure they write the numbers down for you. Most of the time its just someone who is trying to make a sale, so they tell you that you are all set so you want to take home more.

Back
Top Bottom