Hello All, I found your site tonight and Really Enjoyed it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louherz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My name is Louis, I have had my tank up for about 8 months. I have kept Aquariums for about 15yrs, but always freshwater, cichlids, mostly. I always wanted a reef aquarium, but always heard how hard they were to maintain. Well, I recently moved from Augusta, GA to Dallas, TX. (I am in the Army) and the contract movers cracked my aquarium. I figured, It was time to give it a try. I read and read to get as much information as I could. I bought a 62 gallon Oceanic aquarium, with sump and wet/dry filter. I have a 36" Power compact w/moonlight. I have several corals and fish in it. I will try to post a picture. Let me know what you think. Thank a lot,

Louis

Cool tank, much nicer than my 1st SW :mrgreen: Just keep an eye on the nitrates, since some wet drys are nitrate farms. You may also want to get a skimmer. Also the tank is small, for 2 tangs. even small for the yellow, but the regal will surely grow way to large. Just keep that in mind for the future. Keep up the good work (y)

Sorry, I do have a Protien skimmer on there. I test my water about once every two weeks and do a 15 gallon water change every month. I am already looking forward to getting another tank. I want to get about a 120 gallon for my reef and turn this into a Predator fish tank. Thanks for the reply.

Louis

You could put the 2 tangs in there. They both are fairly tough fish. The best is having 2 tanks like your doing. The best of both types. Sounds like your doing well, just don't get lazy with the water changes, and you will continue to have sucess. best of luck.

Thanks for the responses

Thanks for the response. I am really happy I found a place to share the hobby. My wife and daughter enjoy watching the aquarium. My son could care less, he is starting to take an interest in girls(in fact, he had his first phone call from a girl to nights ago). This site is great. I browsed through it for several hours last night and learned a lot. Thanks again.

Louis

Re: Thanks for the responses

louherz said:
My son could care less, he is starting to take an interest in girls(in fact, he had his first phone call from a girl to nights ago).

Louis

lol

If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't be where I am today. Six weeks into the game and my tank is finally cycled. You wanna talk about excitement... I haven't finished the first tank and I'm already thinking about my second and third. :D
I blame it all on you people LOL

lol congrats to your son. Im 14 and tell him girls love to come over and watch the fish. Tank looks great keep up the good work and thanks for serving our country

Mr. Marine

Back
Top Bottom