Hello Everyone (back from vacation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, I am back after about 2.5 weeks of vacation and im glad to say that my marriage, my sanity, and my reef tanks survived the entire thing. I got a little bit of a hair algae prob while I was gone that should be pretty easy to fix, and a couple corals faded just slightly from the reduced photo period, but nothing a week or two won't bring back. Anyhow I hope all had been well and that neither Bonnie nor Charley brought anyone any trouble.

So I know tons of people freak about leaving their tanks for vacation and read horror stories about it all the time, but after 2.5 weeks alone, the only thing my system needs is a water change and a mag-float marathon.

We went down to Destin, FL. I have a small shack and a little boat down there and we just dove and fished the gulf and tried our best to dodge all those storms they said were going to hit us :)

I'll be taking a week long vacation in December, and I have been so nervous about leaving my tanks. It helps to hear that you were gone for 2.5 weeks, and everything is cool! Glad you had such a successfull trip!
Mermaid

As long as you take the necessary precautions everything will be fine im sure. I made a 28G reservior with kalk, a 30G reservior with top off, lessened my photo period, and most importantly made absolutely no changes or tweaks to my system once I got within three days of leaving. I think a lot of people who have problems make "last minute" adjustments that end up going south while they are gone. I worked hard to find a nice smooth balance the week before I left and returned to find it running smoothly. Best of luck to you I am sure everything will be fine.

Welcome back! Good to hear everythings still well.

Back
Top Bottom