Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mlpbarrett

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi ok I am new at this, just have my Live cured rock in the tank right now and am monitoring the levels of salt etc... but I just took an all in one test, for Nitrate, nitrite, hardness, alkalinity and PH. The only levels that seemed to read too high were my Hardness and PH. Please help me to reduce them! No one really explained to me about Hardness or PH.. haha everything else I kind of know about! Don't worry I wont be getting any fish until I am completely sure of everything.. is my Live rock going to be ok with these levels??? Thanks for the help....

Hi ok I am new at this, just have my Live cured rock in the tank right now and am monitoring the levels of salt etc... but I just took an all in one test, for Nitrate, nitrite, hardness, alkalinity and PH. The only levels that seemed to read too high were my Hardness and PH. Please help me to reduce them! No one really explained to me about Hardness or PH.. haha everything else I kind of know about! Don't worry I wont be getting any fish until I am completely sure of everything.. is my Live rock going to be ok with these levels??? Thanks for the help....

Right now hardness and alk are not as important as ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, followed by ph and SG.

When you say you to an "all in one" test what do you mean? A test strip? If you are using test strips you aren't going to get accurate readings. You really need to get liquid test kits. Your test strips may say your PH is too high when it may be right on. For now your LR will be just fine, get those liquid test kits and see what your readings are.

Back
Top Bottom