HELP 911!!! I have a leak!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help! I have finally filled my tank with water and was testing the pump, etc... and everything seemed fine. It had been running approximately 30 minutes when I decided to check below. I noticed a drip coming from the vinyl tubing (attached to the pipe running into the tank) that I have attached to a 1/2'' male thread pvc pipe. I also have a hose clamp around the tubing. The tubing was brand new, so I am confused at why it would be leaking. Do the threads on the pvc pose a problem? I thought the tubing was on pretty tightly as it was difficult to push on to the pvc fitting.

Any suggestions?!

You can use teflon tape. Wrap it around the male fitting before you put them together. That should stop it. it is probably is coming through the treads.

I thought of that - as I have teflon tape around the fittings on the pump... So, I will try the teflon tape on this as well. Do you think I should also put some silicone around the top of the vinyl tubing?

Try an additional hose clamp around the fitting. This should tighten the connection and sqeeze the tube completely to the fitting. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom