HELP anemine dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few questions before anyone can help.
What kind of anemone is this?
How long you had it in your tank?
What were you feeding/how often?
Your lights?
Water conditions;
Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph levels?

Anything new you added to the tank recently?

It's a retteri anemone
Ph 8.2
Nitrite 0
Nitrate ~ I had a nitrate spike but did water change
Ammonia 0
Calcium 420ppm
Lights are 18w sunlight t5 and blue LEDs for moonlight
Should I have the moonlight on at night? Or both off or moonlight and sunlight during the day?

The anemone has been in for 4 weeks and been fine I feed it once a week brine shrimp

You could try moving it to a different place in the tank. Maybe closer to the light? Worth a try

How many bulbs in that T5 fixture you have? 18 watts seems awfully low. Moonlights won't make a difference. I keep mine on all day. Too lazy to get another timer for the moonlight LEDs.

Massalago said:
It's a retteri anemone
Ph 8.2
Nitrite 0
Nitrate ~ I had a nitrate spike but did water change
Ammonia 0
Calcium 420ppm
Lights are 18w sunlight t5 and blue LEDs for moonlight
Should I have the moonlight on at night? Or both off or moonlight and sunlight during the day?

How long has your tank been up and running ? You said you had a nitrate spike ? IMO 18 w is nothing for a anemone you would need bulbs at least 54 w each .

Been setup for 8 months everything else in the tank is thriving just not the nem

Light is low. Make sure there not a lot of flow on it,
And the mouth looks open which is not a good sign either,
How deep is your tank?
Any tank deeper then 18" I would go with a 4x54w t5.
light is EVERY anemone life support,you feeding it comes in second.
Hope that helps a bit.GL

Ps: light is the only problem I see with the info you gave, but as long as it still has some color means it still has a chance to heal...this being my personnel experience .

Are you running ro water. And what are your ph swings like day nigh

It's 15" deep? Thanks for your help guys I just want to get my tank perfect for inverts obviously it's not. I do 20% water changes once a week is it vital that you feed the anemone or is it just advised?

And to be honest I havnt checked the ph at night I didn't know there was ph swings from day to night

Salinity is at 1.020 so good

My nitrate was at 80ppm and I did a 20% water change last night I tested it again this morning and nitrate was same so did another water change and cleaned filters in old water but nitrate is still not going down is there another way I can reduce it?

Back
Top Bottom