help keep my wife happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw-addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
My wife has said lately that our 120 looks empty, she's looking to add more fish to the tank. Around 4 months ago our aggressive tank crashed killing everything so we decided to go reef now we have a tank with lots of assorted mushrooms, ricordia and a large hadoni carpet and over time other soft corals, we also have a few fish that include 3 tangs one that I will be selling soon because it has become aggresive torwards me 2 mandarin dragonettes and a cleaner goby. So what I am looking for are colorful fish that are active/interactive that won't mess with the softies I know that I can read to find out more and I will be doing that while this post is out there getting info from all of you. So any experience that any of you have had with any fish that I may be able to have would be invaluable to me at this point. I don't have a problem loosing all 3 tangs but will always keep the mandarins. Thank-you

what kind of tangs?

I have a yellow tang who has really brightened up my tank. Always swiming and investigating rocks and power heads. Just about everyone who's come over since I got him has exclaimed, "man, thats a bright fish" I also have a couple of Blue Chromis that are very active non-agressive fish. Perc clowns always add a nice dash of color and some have been known to host corals when an anenome isn't resent.

If you're looking for livelyness and color, i would say more smaller fish rather than a couple larger fish. Will make the tank a little more active. I say, a school of chromi's :wink:

i Say get some tomato clowns (2) i have some and they are very broght and one is also hosting my flowerpot coral and im with billyz yellow tangs are great fish and also a bicolor blenney they have a great personality and when you watch him its funny because he perches up on a rock like hes the king of the tank
hth

Mr. Marine

There are lots of fish out there it is just a matter of how much you want to spend. Like the Cheveron tangs are colorfull. Flame angles, all kinds of stuff. But you know the brighter the fish usually the more expensive.

As far as the tangs there is a yellow, brown scopas and a sailfin that may be the devil himself. I bought all three at the same time the size of a 50cent piece 4 months ago to clear the growth on my rockwork after my tank crashed and sat for a month. I also am trying to get another red-lipped blenny I think he was everones favorite but none have come across the lfs lists in the past few weeks. I do not want any damsels I had a bad experience with them after the initial set-up over a year ago and won't try again. I would love a chevron tang but they are pricey and when the tank crashed I lost a powder blue and a powder brown and miss both of them very much. As far as the tamato clowns the wife doesn't like them thats what I wnted to host in my carpet instead I have 2 anemone crabs wich are funny to watch. I thought that I read somwhere that angels nip at corals so I have always glanced over them at stores so I am not familiar with many kinds, are there any that are 100% reef safe?

To my knowledge angels are hit or miss. It's too bad because they are beautiful fish. I have a lemon peel and had a flame angel that were incredible looking and very active fish. I would also recomend a bi-color blenny. My little guy is so funny. He is very active and checks out everybody that comes into the room. He is always peeking out from various holes and spying on me. I've heard these fish can sometimes nip at corals as well but I've been lucky so far.

I am hearing alot of angels I'm looking into that but I also hear alot of blenny talk does anyone know if I can have a bicolor with a redlipped blenny?

Back
Top Bottom