Help me choose a new fish for my 75 reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently lost my bicolor foxface and I need another fish for my 75 reef. I have a pair of black saddleback clowns, a coral beauty, tomini tang, 2 green chromis, a fire shrimp, and a cleaner shrimp. Has to be reef safe, I have a bunch of corals. Was thinking about another foxface, but might go with another idea if something strikes me. Give me some ideas!

didn't even know there was such thing as a bicolor fox face, they look awesome. As far as suggestion goes I would say a blenny or goby. I have a starry blenny and he is very cool, gboy and nunu have an engineer goby and that thing is sweet.

Lol I've found a mystery wrasse at my lfs for 50 dollars. Cheapet than the 79 I saw for sale on line.

Thats why I suggested both, don't know your budget.

I could do the mystery, would just have to see them and compare to see if the difference is worth it.

I love foxfaces, but i dont think i would get 2. Haha if you want an active fish i would get a pair of anthias! I love lyretail anthias...

Midas Blenny. Gives my tank a whole new look. They swim like an eel.

I vote for a fairy or flasher wrasse. That group of fish is my favorite. Look at Carpenter's, McCosker's, and orange back, and exquisite to name a few I like.

You might also consider cardinalfish. I like Bangaii and PJs. There are several other species out there as well.

I love foxfaces, but i dont think i would get 2. Haha if you want an active fish i would get a pair of anthias! I love lyretail anthias...

Unfortunately, I lost my bicolor. No trace of him. I am thinking maybe my carpet nem is a stone cold killer. I am missing 3 of my 5 chromis and my bicolor foxface.

Just a few suggestions:

Multi-barred Angel
Heniochos
Various butterflies are available
Flasher wrasse
Mandarin goby
Firefish goby
Anthias
Six line wrasse

Duddits said:
Just a few suggestions:

Multi-barred Angel
Heniochos
Various butterflies are available
Flasher wrasse
Mandarin goby
Firefish goby
Anthias
Six line wrasse

Butterflies and angels for the most part are not reef safe.

Really sorry about the fox Tim. Thats pretty rough. If i suspected a nem of eating my Todd..it would be gone in NO time!! Im sure kd would do the same haha

Personally, i'd get another fox. Like a magnificant, or onespot. But if you want to change it up..i'd do dragon wrasse, or leopard wrasse:D

spoonman said:
Unfortunately, I lost my bicolor. No trace of him. I am thinking maybe my carpet nem is a stone cold killer. I am missing 3 of my 5 chromis and my bicolor foxface.

I've heard of that. My lfs has a huge one, ate a emp... A 10in emp...

Really sorry about the fox Tim. Thats pretty rough. If i suspected a nem of eating my Todd..it would be gone in NO time!! Im sure kd would do the same haha

Personally, i'd get another fox. Like a magnificant, or onespot. But if you want to change it up..i'd do dragon wrasse, or leopard wrasse:D

Good call Gboy! Bought a one spot today (acclimating as we speak) and they are ordering a leopard wrasse that could be here Wednesday. I like the way you think!

spoonman said:
Good call Gboy! Bought a one spot today (acclimating as we speak) and they are ordering a leopard wrasse that could be here Wednesday. I like the way you think!

Haha sweeeet! I win!!

Goodluck man. I love both of em

Back
Top Bottom