Help me pick a new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdpuffer

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a 55g reef tank with a starry blenny, fox face and a pair of misbar oscelleris clown fish. I have been wanting to add another fish for a while and am overwhelmed with possibilities. I would like something that stays smaller like 3 inches or less. Reef safe is a must and I would like it to be peaceful. I also want something colorful but not yellow or orange, something to contrast against my current stock i really like the color blue. I would also prefer an active swimmer but that isn't a must but I do have crabs and shrimp so must be invert safe also and prefferably not known as being a carpet surfer. So let's hear suggestions!!!!!!!

Purple fire fish has been one I've considered for a long time. Chalk bass are sweet too. I really like Angels but the "with caution" steers me away.

How bout a zebra barred dart fish or scissortail dart fish.. here's one of my zebras :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120816_110342.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120816_110342.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 109
Hey kd..if your willing to spend just a little extra on your last fish...Yellow Candy Hogfish :D

I like all suggestions so far. I already have yellow in my fox face so I don't think the hogfish will be on the final list. I like the wrasse but aren't they notorious jumpers? As far as the goby will he be ok with my blenny?

I say a yellow head jawfish and if you have the money a blue spot jawfish.

Hocky puck said:
I believe they do mattering on the room

Well it's only a 55 so I don't think I'll chance it. I do know once I upgrade I am getting a mandarin but other than that I have alot of good suggestions so far.

I know it's a common fish, but blue reef chromis are really pretty, get a few an they'll be out and about all the time visible in your tank. I have blue green ones and they're very peaceful with other fish.

Back
Top Bottom