Help me pick a sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am wanting to put sand in my 40g breeder that is a fowlr tank. Iv been running it as bb but I want to get my dragon wrasse soon to have it start growing up to go in my 240. What is some good sand to get that is cost effective? I don't like super fine sand and I hate crushed coral. So something inbetween. I have no need for live sand. And just want to get t he most for my buck while still getting a quality product.

I got the caribsea sand that is a not fine but not huge. I personally like more fine so I switched to oolite.

I've used caribsea as well and I like it. It's a nice larger grained sand. If you like black sand, I've used black diamond blasting grit in tanks as well and it is comparable to the caribsea but much much much cheaper.

caribsea is kinda pricy im looking for something cheaper. It doesn't need to look great it just needs to be functional.

Pool filter sand. I use it in all my tanks super cheap and I never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom